JOIN OUR E-MAIL LIST

Join Our Mailing List
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust

Thursday, January 28, 2010

David's Monthly Orchid Tip February 2010

David's Monthly Orchid Tip

Study Time

With kids heading back to school after winter break, we all need to take a lesson, too. People always assume that the orchid knowledge in my head just came genetically, but a lot came from studying. So I'll start you on the first thing that I can remember studying, Paphiopedilum species. I used to take books home and go over and over the pictures until I knew them by heart. Paphs are interesting because the species usually are identifiable in their hybrids. Such knowledge of the species can lead to being able to grow superior plants because you can identify the origin and by that, the habitat. You can also impress your friends with your newfound knowledge, if you're a nerd like me. Like so many students do today, we also have the internet at our disposal. Years ago when I studied we had to have books which were more often than not, expensive. But now with just a few clicks, we can see enough species to make our head swim. So go forth and study, because there will be a surprise test.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waldor Ebay Items